CAMBRIDGE DRAMA FESTIVAL 2013
22nd to 27th April - The Mumford Theatre, East Road, Cambridge
1. Name of company ______________________________________________________________________________
2. Contact name __________________________________________________________________________________
3. Address ______________________________________________________________________________________
4. Telephonedaytime ______________________ evening ______________________________
5. E-mail _______________________________________________________________________________________
6. TITLE AND AUTHOR OF PLAY __________________________________________________________________
7. TYPE OF PLAYe.g. Comedy, Drama, Farce ________________________________________________________
8. NUMBER IN CAST:male ___________________________ female ____________________________
9. ESTIMATED RUNNING TIME:See Festival rules, section on PERFORMANCE, items 3,4,& 5 ___________________
10. Does your play contain “adult themes” in content, performance or production? YES/NOdelete as appropriate
11. Is the play entered for the NEW PLAY AWARD? YES/NO delete as appropriate
12. Is the play entered for the JUNIOR GROUP AWARD? YES/NO delete as appropriate
13. Do you wish to be considered for the next round of the All-England Festival? YES/NO delete as appropriate
14. Do you wish to be considered for the NDFA’s All-Winners’ Festival? YES/NO delete as appropriate
15. Do you wish to receive a written adjudication? This costs £30 YES/NOdelete as appropriate
On behalf of my Drama Group:
1. I undertake to show the Festival Stage Manager prior to the performance all documentary evidence of payment of the
appropriate permission, royalties or fees as stated in the Festival rules (see section on PERFORMANCE, item 7)
2. I undertake to abide by the rules and any decision of the Festival Committee with regard to any matter relating to
Signed ________________________________ Date ______________________________
1. A copy of the play must be submitted with this entry form unless prior approval has been given
by the Festival Committee.
2. The NEW PLAY AWARD will be given to the author of the best new play or, at the discretion of
the committee, an adaptation. (see Festival rules, section on PERFORMANCE, item 2)
3. All members of the cast of a play entered for the JUNIOR GROUP AWARD must be aged 18
years or under on the day of performance.
4. This festival is a Preliminary Round (Stage 1) of the All-England Theatre Festival.
Any company can choose to enter the AETF through the Preliminary Round nearest to them.
The dates of the following rounds are :
North & East Division Quarter-final 5th May, Haverhill Arts Centre
Eastern Area Semi Final 26th May (provisional), Palace Theatre, Southend
English Final 8th June, Regent Centre, Christchurch, Dorset
British Final 5th/6th July, Derry, Northern Ireland
5. The Cambridge festival is also affiliated to the National Drama Festivals Association and the
winners are eligible to be considered for selection for the NDFA All-Winners’ Festival.
NDFA All-Winners Last week in July – date to be confirmed,
PLEASE ENCLOSE WITH THE ENTRY FORM
1. A copy of the play (not a photocopy, unless it is a new play)
2. Entry fee of £30.00 towards the Festival costs (not refundable after entry has been accepted)
3. An additional fee of £30.00 if a written adjudication is required.
4. An additional fee of £5.00 if the company wishes to be considered for selection to the next round
of the All-England Theatre Festival.
Please send this form, with enclosures as appropriate, not later thanMonday December 31st , 2012, to:
Jeannie Green (Secretary)
265, Hinton Way, Gt. Shelford, Cambridge CB22 5AN.
Your cheque should be made payable to Cambridge Drama Festival Committee.
Home / Entry Form / Rules / Committee / About the Festival / The Adjudicator / Programme